Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ever Onward

For whatever reason I wrote this somewhere else first, then pasted it here.

Tuesday, August 11th - 2:21am

So, what has been happeneing...

Well, I went all of Saturday without hearing from Catherine. I have to say I was kindof a wreck lol. I felt so selfish wondering why I wasn't higher on her list of priorities. I guess thats the nature of the beast though, so I toughed it out.

Sunday I went to the lake with my sister, her husband Paul, their new baby William, and my parents. All in all it was a pretty good day. I enjoyed some good pontoon time, and my god WIlliam is priceless! I got to play with him for a while and he stole my heart! I tried to leave my cell phone alone, to leave Catherine to her business and not bother her, though I checked often to see if she had texted me. At about 5:30 she did, and then she called. We talked for a few minutes, but I was on my out the door! Curses! Anyways, we texted a bt and I wished her luck as I knew monday was the court date. I got home and she told me her flight was cancelled...I was heartbroken...She has endured so much, and now this? Sigh...We talked a little bit more. A friend was driving her Kileen instead, which was awesome, but after that I did not hear from her.

Monday, we talked a good deal, which made me feel better. We texted about the court case until around midnight, and then she called me. We talked some more about the court case, and then just about other things the way people do when on the phone. She mentioned that the guy she was staying with in Texas had made a pass at her which she denied lol. I was seriously unhappy, but bit my tongue. She also mentioned that she had told Jay (the guy) that she was abstaining from dating and that he thought it was a good idea. I was momentarilly crushed. In a very real way Catherine and I had been dating, though such a statement seemed to reveal the fact that she did not consider it so. Damn...

Anyways, we talked for a little while longer, and she said thank you again for the hug I gave her before she left. It was a semi-flirty conversation. I still dont know what to think. Perhaps I am not sending the right signals? I still dont know what she wants from me, but I am fairly sure now that I have quite the crush on her. What to do, what to do?

Wednesday, August 12th - 2:10am

Just a quick text from Catherine tonight before she went to bed. Always good to hear from her.

Tonight is the peak of the Persiad meteor shower. I remember from a drive and star gazing night weeks ago that Catherine likes stars and shooting stars. Note to self: should things work out, take her out in November for the next meteor shower.

No comments: