Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hornswaggled

So she's home now, and I get two texts:

1) "I'm going swimming tonight...care to join?"
2) "BTW you are awesome. Just thought I'd say it again :)"

So I am thinking alright, mission accomplished. She's happy, so I am happy. And now I have a midnight swim date. Good deal. But you know those moments when the back of your head nudges you and says "Hey man. You KNOW it can't be that easy. You didn't think this was a fairy tale did you? Oh you did? HAHAHAHA oh son, you'd best check your bases." So I did. 2 Facebook messages.

1) "You are unbelievably wonderfully stupendously tangibly great!" (This was in reference to my emial telling her that I went over and closed all her windows because it was storming pretty heavily here).

2) "Hey guys! I'Il have one more night free to do whatever I want... and I figure I'll go swimming! Let me know if you want to join. :) Text me, I'll be at work. Hope your days are going great and talk to you soon.

Catherine"

Standard English conventions dictate that use of the term "guys" necessitates more than one person to be present, strictly speaking, more than one male. Low and behold, the other person in the invite is Aaron...the guy she was seeing when she and I met...the one who treated her like crap...the one with whom I had a falling out with and only just within the last week started talking to again.

I am left to wonder what she can possibly be thinking. Even if there were no romantic overtones to our friendship/relationship, it would be a bad idea. The last time the three of us were together, things went incredibly, fantastically wrong. I can only come to two conclusions. Either this is a signal to me that she and I are just friends, or she wants to rub "us" in Aaron's face. Seeing as she is not a vindictive person at all, I have to think that option number one is the answer.

Indeed, this could be an interesting evening, and by interesting I mean a clusterfuck of epic proportions. Clusterfuck sounds like a candy bar, full of chocolate and fuck. Nougaty fuck. I'm certain I will have one if not several updates as this situation comes to a crescendo.

No comments: